You are starting your online business and planning to be highly successful. But you are still asking yourself – how to target my audience? To whom my products/services might be actually of greater interest? What are my potential customers doing online?
Three questions with answers difficult to guess at first… But don’t worry – we have the answers. You just need to check out the stats which will help you sell your products to the right customers.
We present to your attention 3 tools providing you with useful information about your potential customers. If your online project is brand new and you’ve created a Facebook page, but still don’t have detailed data from Google Analytics, these three tools will be a great start for you.
Read more: A Social Media Page vs a Website: 7 Myths
Once you get to know them you will generate more ideas for targeted offering and more importantly – you will be able to create a detailed profile for your targeted audience.
1. Facebook Audience Insights
This is a free tool which provides you with a big amount of data:
By using it you will be able to look for summarized information about:
- All Facebook users or…
- Users who somehow interact with your page.
To obtain an overview of your potential customers, select country, age group, gender, interests. The rest of the options act as filters to further specify your audience.
Facebook Audience Insights provides you with the following data:
- Gender, age, education degree level, marital status, size of household.
- The pages your potential customers like in different categories.
- Current location and language.
- Types of devices used.
- Details of the time spent on Facebook and frequency of using the social network.
- Facebook behavior.
- Shopping habits and payment methods.
How to use this information?
Detailed stats provided by this tool might be used in a strategy for attracting and retaining your customers. Getting to know their Facebook behavior will help you optimize your posts and ads. Analyzing demographic data enables you build your approach for reaching your audience and the channels necessary for this.
Example: If your users rely mainly on mobile devices and are 25-34 years old they most likely would want to see short and interactive posts/advertisements which grab their attention. Meanwhile, the messages shall be friendly and amusing to make them feel comfortable.
The pages they like will help you penetrate into their web circles and inspect them more carefully. This way you will get to know what their interests are and attract them as your customers. Be creative!
Go through all the filters and options offered by Facebook Audience Insights. There you will discover valuable information to help you form a more vivid idea about the people who would take interest in your business!
2. Google Consumer Barometer
This free Google tool is like a treasury! You open it and see how many interesting and curious facts for users around the whole world it keeps.
You can obtain detailed stats on consumer behavior for more than 45 countries around the globe, including Bulgaria. The tool focuses on information for shopping patterns of online and offline users.
Select Graph Builder and look through each menu available on the left.
Consumer Barometer provides you with the following data:
- For what purposes and how often users surf the web?
- What devices are used by them while surfing and what they look for?
- How users decide to make an online purchase?
- How much time they need to make a purchase?
- How they prefer to get to know the product before buying it?
- How much time they spend researching a given product?
- Where they decide to buy the product – at a store or online?
- What motivates customers to buy more?
- How many brands do they check before buying a certain product?
- What types of goods are preferred for online purchases?
- Stats for video content consumption.
… And dozens of more and more segmented stats.
Meanwhile, you can filter the data by:
- Types of purchases or products;
- Demographic data.
Consumer Barometer also contains ready target audiences to provide you with a template for studying your targeted users.
This tool will amaze you with the amount of data accumulated. It is possible to reach a “Aha!” moment and think of many improvements for developing your business in a successful way.
Jump in and benefit to the maximum.
3. Google Trends
This free tool enables you to check the keywords for your business. There you can compare and follow their search trends. Also, results enable you to see extended user searches by phrases.
Of course, the instrument provides only orientation stats and they should not be accepted as 100% true.
How to use this information?
- Get ideas for generating content.
- Get inspired for optimizing your choice of keywords when generating web content.
- Find similar user searches (maybe until now you were missing something).
- See what businesses look for the specific word.
- Get to know how your business field develops and what its future trends are.
- Explore what keywords attract the interest of your customers.
More specialized alternatives of Google Trends are the premium tools for analyzing keywords such as:
They provide not only stats for keywords, but also analyze your competitors. Useful, isn’t it?
Go through topical forums. There you will find sincere opinions and discussions, posted by your potential customers. You will get to know what they are interested in, what they need and what stops them from trusting the brands, offering the products/services they are keen on to buy.
Another great tool is the global forum Quora where users from different parts of the world ask questions and expect to get professional answers. Questions are grouped depending on their business field and you surely can discover yours. Take a look!
It’s time to dive into opportunities for research and development which the web offers. Lay the foundations of your web project by taking advantage of our SuperOffer – .COM domain on great price. Create your professional website, develop it and boost your sales!