Cyrillic EU domains will be terminated on 1st June 2019
They will be replaced by their clones - кирилица.ею
Since it was announced in May 2016 that the Cyrillic domain names with the Latin extension .eu will be terminated within three years, we remind you that you still have enough time to switch to your cloned name with .ею extension.
If you have not already done so, in the following lines we will give you more information how to do it quick and easy. As soon as you are ready with the migration, you will be able to target traffic to the correct domain.
What are the important aspects of the change?
- The term of validity of the Cyrillic domains is 31th May 2019.
- Cyrillic domains with the Latin extension .eu will not be renewable and these names will be deleted from the official EURid register on 1st June 2019.
- Only Cyrillic names with .ею extension will be active after 1st June 2019.
- We recommend you to switch to your Cyrillic domain completely before the deadline to avoid any interruption of your site. If you have already done it, you do not need to take any further actions.
- The reason to stopping кирилица.eu domains is to prevent "mixing of scripts" or, more simply, mixing language. In this way, the possibility of making mistakes in spelling similar domains will be minimized.
Main steps to switch to кирилица.ею domain:
- Configure the кирилица.ею domain to point to the same hosting account as the кирилица.eu site
You need to align the name servers on both domains to properly load кирилица.ею clone. For example, if the nsxy.nameserver.com and nsyz.nameserver.com servers are assigned to кирилица.eu domain, then the same servers should be placed on the cloned domain кирилица.ею.
If you have any hesitation on how to do this, you can find a detailed instructions in our help article.
- Change the URL address from кирилица.eu to кирилица.ею.
It is better to be done by the website`s developer. If your site is WordPress-based, then our WordPress Manager tool could help you to move your site's web address easily. Just follow the instructions to change the URL.
- Redirect the кирилица.eu domain to кирилица.ею.
This is the final step to make sure that the cloned кирилица.ею domain will load correctly.
- If the domain кирилица.eu is the primary domain for the hosting account, change it to кирилица.ею - through the client profile »Hosting Accounts» Details. If the domain кирилица.ею is already configured in the control panel as a parked domain, you first need to remove it. You will then be able to set it as the primary domain for the hosting account. Then add the domain кирилица.eu to cPanel as a parked domain and redirect it to the main кирилица.ею.
- If the domain кирилица.eu has been added as an add-on domain in the hosting account, create a new add-on or parked domain with кирилица.ею and configure it to be load the directory of кирилица.eu. Then redirect кирилица.eu to the main кирилица.ею.
- If you are using DNS hosting for the кирилица.eu domain, you can redirect it to кирилица.ею through the client account »Domains-Management» Settings »Domain Redirection.
Those of you who have already switched to your Cyrillic domain entirely do not need to take the steps described above. They are recommended for all those who still use кирилица.eu as their primary domain.
We encourage you to make this change as soon as possible before the deadline to make sure your site is accessible to your users at any time.